Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Blog Post #8

 

For starters, In class we watched a very impactful video showing the effects of war. This video was far from okay, in total it was almost tragic to watch the innocent lives lost, due to the area they were in at the time. Before I say anything else, I want to let you know that I am not the type of person to involve myself to learn about ongoing wars today. You may ask why? It is because I find that war makes me unhappy and if anything, I wish the world could be in peace, rather then live in a time of war. Luckily, we do not live in a time during a civil war or so forth, but we do infact live in a time of war. Watching that video during class opened my eyes through a lense that made me realize, I need to involve myself in the knowledge of war. 

Just as I did, you may ask yourself, Why do I not see things about war like the video we have watched in class? That is because its not popular to be televised or made seen, because many people arent interested in it as well. I mean, when your watching the news, you do not necessarily want to see people dieing in front of your eyes, and especially Americans being behind the guns, rather then in front. After visiting antiwar.com, I saw things I didn't want to see, just as I saw that video. This website, and other war websites are not popular due to this. Also, take into consideration that the givernment also doesn't want this to be publizied due to it looking bad on us. The government doesn't want us to be apart of "antiwar" groups because it is what they feel we have to do to protect our country. The Government especially doesn't want us to be anti anything that America as a whole is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL BLOG POST

  My Relationship with Technology There is No Such Thing as 'Perfect' When I think of myself and how technology has impacted my life...